Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jduarte12
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Calendar date-picker in browser

Hello,

We are working in QlikView Server 11.2 SR9 in a Windows R2008 machine.

We created some dashboards where the dates are selected through from and to variables in calendar date-pickers. We also have variables to define both mininum and maximum values that one can select in the date-pickers, as well as triggers to impose which are the from and to dates by default when the qvw is opened.

The problem we are facing is the following: when we select dates in the date-pickers, the chart should get information only for the selected dates. However, it shows data for the selected date range and zeros for all the non-selected dates. This is quite interesting, as it happens only in the browser. In fact, when we do the same selections in the Server, everything works as expected.

Is there any known bug that explains this behavior?

We would appreciate your help on solving this issue.

Thank you & Best regards

João Duarte

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Colin-Albert

Is the field you are selecting the date in the date picker part of your main data set?

If so, when you select that date, QlikView is filtering the data to only view the selected date

I would suggest you create a data island containing the dates but no linked to any data fields in your model. Then you can select this date via your date picker but it will not filter any data. Then you can use the selected date to drive the selection via a search expression.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Colin-Albert

Is the field you are selecting the date in the date picker part of your main data set?

If so, when you select that date, QlikView is filtering the data to only view the selected date

I would suggest you create a data island containing the dates but no linked to any data fields in your model. Then you can select this date via your date picker but it will not filter any data. Then you can use the selected date to drive the selection via a search expression.

jduarte12
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

First of all, sorry for the delay in my response. Somehow, I stopped receiving your answers in my e-mail.

Colin: you are right. Some time after I asked for your help, I managed to do what you suggest and it is working.

Thank you very much.