Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calendar which switch between 2 calendars?

I have 2 calendars which should be used seperately (never at the same time!)

- BEGIN date

- END date

With one calendar we look at the beginning of the processes and with the other calendar we look from back to front in the processes.

I'm looking for a way to show only on year / month / week / day selection which can be switched between the BEGIN and END with a button (or something).

I thought of using a 3th calendar for the SELECTION ... and connect the BEGIN / END date with this.

Problem I ran into was that if I have a multiple selection (e.g. 2 years ... 2010,2011) the Select in Field Trigger did not work.

I also having problems switching between calendar.

Anyone has suggestions how to solve this?

thx in advance!!

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anita,

In fact you can create two separate calendar object with Two Variables ( for Start and End Date) and that can be then used into any object using set analysis work.

Hope this will help you;

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

As I said I have two tables ... but I'm looking for a way not to have complex set analysis . . . hoped to do this with triggers 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Found a solution for now (good enough for the first release) ...

For each kalender I got year / month / week / day on the screen. Both on the exact same location!!

With a BEGIN / END listbox I select which 'type' of kalender I want to use, and with the use of a show conditional of the objects I decide which calendar objects to show on which type of calendar.

And with the use of a field trigger I re-fill the selections for the calendars

(wow I described that really terrible!! but it works)

tips for overtaking the selection of one calendar to another (and then deleting the selection of the calendar 'old selected') are welcome!!