Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xyz_1011
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Calling a SUB in QlikView

Hey all,

i am facing a strange behaviour: I am including a SUB via a QVS file and try to CALL it from qithin my QVW. Doing so results in a "Semantic Error". I have checked the SUB works by simply putting it directly into the QVW script and then calling it...that works fine. Must be somethng around the fact that i am including it. 

Does anyone have an idea, how to solve this ? (putting it directlky into the QVW is not an option...)

Thanks!!

3 Replies
derekjones
Creator III
Creator III

Hi there, so I'm not sure what you have already tried, so apologies if I am being too obvious.

1) I assume you are including the qvs in your load script e.g.

$(Include=..\..\..\Resources\Configuration Files\QVFunctionsLibrary.qvs);

2) The SUB you have in the QVS is only used once in the file i.e. the QVS is not some massive library and you have the Sub  name used twice for different purposes

If you are doing both the above then I don't know, can you give a basic example of qvw and qvs you can attach or alternatively I can do one showing you calling a SUB from a QVS working?

xyz_1011
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

In the meantime i found out that ghe problem only presents itself when i am including all SUBs in a loop (i have them in several different QVS files). when i explicitely only include one QVS with a SUB in it, i can call it just fine.
derekjones
Creator III
Creator III

Ah OK, not sure if I've used one in a loop, I have a loop in a QVS but not a sub from a QVS in a loop