Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I change a Pivot table to a Straight table within a macro.

I am trying to display information from several set analysis' in separate pivot tables, what I would like to do is with the click of one button change them to straight tables so that the information displays as if the pivot tables have been expanded. If there is another way of doing this I am open for suggestions. !

7 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Why you want to change by using Macro, We have option called Fast Change . Can you try that option and let us know

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

As Anil suggested use FastChange in your Pivot table General Tab look for Fast Type Change like:

Capture.PNG

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Robert,

as Vishwarath showed, you can then by clicking switch between two charts

Beck

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I understand that but I have 11 tables I want to change at once. I am using set analysis for the 11 tables broken down by department. I have the pivot table all rolled up in each table for a summary view, each department can use the quick change for their department but I would like a single button so that CEO could look at summary but if wanted to could click a button to show all 11 tables expanded or basically as a straight table. My work around was to clone the tables, set one group as conditional v_table = 'Pivot other to v_table = 'Straight and then use two buttons one for Collapse or Pivot, the other Expand or Straight. Just looking for easier way to do it. Thank for help though.

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Robert,

you can create two tables: straight and pivot table, and then you can use conditional showing like in ths video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRBtw7SYD8

I hope that helps

beck

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is what I am currently doing. I have set a button for expand/collapse and it basically sets a variable that turns the conditional formatting from one to the other. Thanks on the help.

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Robert,

look at this:  https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-4289

maybe you can finde some interesting stuff for your issue.

i hope that helps

Beck