cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can I change dimension dynamically

Hi Expert,

I am facing some issue.

My requirment is that in Bar chart/graph I have got two expression i.e.

1. Sales Amount

2. Projeceted Sales Amount

For Sales I want to use Dimension column as Sales_Date,

and for Projected Sales I want to use Dimension Column as Projected_Sales_Date.

So, I want to change the dimension dynamically.

i.e While dimension selection instead to selecting column directly I will write if condition and accordingly the expression should

work out.

Is it possible?. I am in worst condition. It will be great if any solution I get quickly.

Advance Thanks

SD

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Create inline table with sales and projected as field values.

Use this table's values as a list box and provide conditions for the same in dimension and expression. Always keep one selected value

That's it.

HTH

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ravi,

I think you are not clear with my requirment. However can u send me th sample QVW file. So that I can check whether it meet my requirement or not ?

Advance Thanks

SD

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In a situation where each view has its own dimension and its own expression, I'd recommend using two separate charts showing conditionally.  Or maybe create a cycle group contacting both dimensions, use this group as a chart dimension, and the expression will be conditional of the current cycle filed.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

Can you give the sample qvw file please

Advance Thanks

SD

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

See attached.

Notice the cyclic group in the document properties - groups.  It is used as the chart dimension.  There are two different solutions in the two charts on the expressions level, use whatever you prefer.