Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can I get help for implementation of DMS Authorization.

Hi Friends/Forum,

I had Qlikview 11. I want to implement the DMS authorization. I had gone through the PDF of Manaul Server/Publisher but I could'nt get properly for implementation on DMS authorization. Can I aspect the help from expert please.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

SD

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi SD,

When DMS mode is chosen, QlikVIew will control file access instead of Windows. Only in DMS mode you can choose who will see a specified QV file in AccessPoint. You set it here: Documents > [Specified QV File] > Authorization Tab. You can choose Users in the manage users window.

wish it help.

zhou

Not applicable
Author

Please refer the attached document

Not applicable
Author

Hi Zhou,

I am clear about what u say. Little more help require.

After creating the user's I will be in position to provide the access of *.qvw file to related user right?.

But my worry how to do the following.

1. How I will create the more then one user ?.

2. How I will create the group of user ?.

Your quick solution will be appricable.

Advance Thanks

SD

Not applicable
Author

Hi Venkat R P,

I got it. thanks for response,

My next worry how to do the following.

After creating the user's I will be in position to provide the access of *.qvw file to related user right?.

But how to do the following things:-

1. How I will create the more then one user ?.

2. How I will create the group of user ?.

Your quick solution will be appricable.

Advance Thanks

SD

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Usually you do not need to create users, they already exist and are made available through your configured DSC (Directory Service Connector)

For example, if your DSC connects to Active Directory, then you can query the domain for every user or group defined in AD, and assign licenses, grant access to documents to those same users or even make them document administrators. All this happens in the QlikView Management Console.

In QMC, wherever you see a little icon on the right representing two people, you click it to display a user selection dialog. At the top left of this dialog, enter an account name or a group name (use wildcards if you don't know the exact names) and click the magnifying glass. All AD users that correspond to your query will be listed. The buttons in the middle allow you to include/remove users or groups from your selection. Pressing the OK button will transfer your list of selected users to the area where you were configuring permissions or licenses.

In QMC, the Users tab allows you to do even more like checking group membership, document access and call assignment, all just by entering a user account name.

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hello zhou/Venkat R P/Friends/Pete/Forums,

I had QlikView 11 version.

I had done all the above step for implementation on DMS but not luck. When I going to Access Pint of QlikView it is showing as login failed.

I will let you know step by step so that u can guide me where I am wrong.

I had created of sample1.qvw. Which I had copied in c:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents.

1. In System-> Directory Service Connector->Custom Directory created one User as user1 and password as user. Part Enter as c:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DirectoryServiceConnector\customuser

After doing above Clicked on Apply

2. In System->QlikView Web Servers->Authenticatino

a. Selected Type as  Custom User.

b. In Parameter: Prefix: CUSTOM\user1 (Word CUSTOM already there. I had added only \user1 [No space had been left])

c. Selected Login Address as Alternate Login Page(web form).

After doing above Clicked on Apply

3. With the help of Documents Tab. Given access right to the user1.

After doing all above thing I had restart the server of QlikView Webserver(Acces Point).

Now when I using the url of Acces Point. After some time ask user id and password where I had done the following things

1. Given Login as user1 and password as user  (Here it is showing as Invalid Login).

2. So next time I had given Login as CUSTOM\user1 and password as user  (Then also it is showing as Invalid Login).

Please, let me know where I am wrong. Any other step is required to get in QlikView Access Point. or something else is pending.

I will be very thankful if get solution.

Advance Thanks

SD

Not applicable
Author

HI SD,

Peharps i got what you have done wrong. When setting Authentication of QlikView Web server, the prefix of Cutom User shoule be 'Custom\' but not 'Custom\user1'. When prefix is set, user needn't have to type 'Custom\' when login, he/she should only input like 'user1' in the USERNAME box.

you can have a try.

Regards,

Zhou

Not applicable
Author

Hi Zhou,

Thanks for response. As per your suggession I had tried in Following way:

I. Try

1. I had change from 'Custom\user1' to 'Custom' in In System->QlikView Web Servers->Authentication

2. While Login I had given only 'user1'  as Login Name and Password as 'user'

But did'nt work out

II. Try

1. I had change from 'Custom\user1' to 'Custom\' in In System->QlikView Web Servers->Authentication

2. While Login I had given only 'user1'  as Login Name and Password as 'user'

Then also it is not workout.

FYI,

1. In System-> Directory Service Connector->Custom Directory created one User as user1 and password as user.

It also ask the Path where I had enter the following:-

c:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DirectoryServiceConnector\customuser

Before that I had created the folder "customuser" in "c:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DirectoryServiceConnector"

Am I right or wrong can u please advice on the above point

2. In System->QlikView Web Servers->Authentication

a. Selected Type as  Custom User.

It is my request to you. Can you please put on paper step by step with screen shot. I will be lot of thankful to you. I got struck here.

Thanks

SD