Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can container tabs be turned on and off?

I have a container with tabs. I only want to display some of the tabs depending on the content of a variable set by pressing buttons. I have looked at the API guide and cannot see how I'd compose a macro to test the variable value and then show or hide tabs in the container.

I have got around it short term by cloning the container and then using the show condition to determine which container shows using the variable in the condition test. The containers are all displayed in the same x y co-ordinates and so only 1 ever displays.

I would prefer to have a single container with all the tabs in it that could be dynamically changed via a macro. Any advice welcome.

Is this possible?

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, if you select the option Dropdown at Top as Appearance. But you'll have a dropdown box instead of tabs.

You could of course not use a container at all, but buttons to show/hide the objects directly.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply. In the case of the dropdown list, I would still need to vary what is displayed in it based on the variable, and so I am left with the same issue of how to program what displays in the dropdown list.

As for not using the container, that is an option, but I wanted to establish first if I could program a container through macros to only display some of the tabs in it. I suspect not, as there is no checkbox to hide individual tabs when looking at the container's properties in the QV document. The only option seems to be to add or remove them.

marcus_sommer

Perhaps you could simply put a textbox (visibility per variable) with sheet-backgound-color and without the properties of moving over the tab-row. Maybe this is also helpful: Combobox - how to make the tabs 2-lined?

- Marcus