Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can i transfer a dashboard made in my desktop (licensed) version, to a qlikview server version?

Hi,

Our team is thinking of procuring Qlikview Desktop/ Server (Small business edition). We are not able to find anything regarding sharing files between desktop and servers.

Are there any problems while sharing the dashboards made in QV 12 Licensed version to the QV server version (if i simply mail the file from my PC to a Server node).

If the end user has a Server version (Enterprise edition of QV) then do the developer also need to procure a server version? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can move your qlikview document to the server without problems. Simply copy it to the right folder on the server and it will show up on the access point. You can find in the QMC which folders you've mounted for that purpose.

Note, Qlikview Small Business Edition is not sold anymore. You may have to purchase Qlikview Enterprise Edition Server.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can move your qlikview document to the server without problems. Simply copy it to the right folder on the server and it will show up on the access point. You can find in the QMC which folders you've mounted for that purpose.

Note, Qlikview Small Business Edition is not sold anymore. You may have to purchase Qlikview Enterprise Edition Server.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Once you have purchased QlikView server and Named User / Document CAL's, then developers wishing to use QlikView Desktop can lease a Named User CAL from the Server.

Have a look at this blog post.

https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/qlikview-licence-lease/

Also worthwhile asking whoever you asking for quotes on the Qlik licences to explain.  Suppliers are usually very helpful in the pre sales phase when the signature pen is hovering over the dotted line.

Not applicable
Author

thanks