Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't Find Video Player Extension

I'd like to embed a video in my Qlikview document and I've seen several tutorials on how to use an extension to do it (like this one).  However, whenever I follow the link to the extension (like the link to video player on this page) I get a page that looks like this...

Has Qlikview stopped supporting this extension?  Is it common for extensions to disappear like this?  I can't find it anywhere.

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry.  Image of the page that I'm directed to for extension download didn't come through.  Trying again...

Unexpected Error.JPG

Sokkorn
Master
Master

Hi,

Download from here

Regards,

Sokkorn

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That's not the extension I'm looking for.  That download is for a file called WebPageViewer.qar which allows you to bring in YouTube videos.  What I want is VideoPlayer.qar which allows you to bring in locally hosted videos like an mp4.

Sokkorn
Master
Master

Hi,

Check in attached file.

Rgds,

Sokkorn

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks.  That's the file I was looking for, but I can't get it to work.  I can create a VideoPlayer object but I can't pull in a video.  I've tried the default video it points to (http://video-js.zencoder.com/oceans-clip.mp4) and a YouTube video but I can't get either to play.  It just shows an empty window no matter what I do.

Blank.JPG

Sokkorn
Master
Master

Hi,

Follow this may help

I would suggest you to follow this doc and see demo here

Regards,

Sokkorn

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That's the video tutorial that I tried to follow.  Here's a video of me trying to create a video and it not working...

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Are you able to resolve it? I am facing the same issue.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I don't know what changed, but I just tried creating a VideoPlayer object today and it worked.  Try again and see if it works.