Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can we group all similar reports under a single tab (say 5 tabs with 3 reports each)

I am new to Qlikview and I have been trying to group reports on a single tab. I have 15 different reports and they are on 15 different sheets. In reality they are 5 report groups with each group consisting of 3 reports. This helps a lot for user experience when they go to 5 tabs and look for the 3 reports under that group.

Is there a way that we can do this in Qlikview? Please let me know

Thanks

Vishy

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You could create a sheet with buttons to jump to other sheets, or even put the buttons on each sheet, so it will seem only the reports part changes. But that means the buttons need to fit on those sheets and you have to put them in exactly the same spot (copy/paste works great for that).

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mark,

I am familiar with the button but button need to be there on each and every report. I want only like 5 tabs and on each tab, I would like to put three reports and when I click on the report I want, I want to may be minimize or remove the focus on the other 2 reports.

Please let me know if you are aware of any way to get this done

Thanks

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

You can hide and display various charts and the like using Properties -> Layout -> Show -> Conditional. Buttons could set a variable, and the variable could be used in the condition.

You could have the three types of report as a list box or multi-box. One of my QlikView applications has a list of available reports. I put a list box of them on the left hand side of the screen, and a large-font multi-box of them above the area where the reports apear, which has a dual role as the title of the report.

You could set each of the three reports to minimize when the other reports are selected. Properties -> Caption -> Allow Minimize and Auto Minimize. I quite often do that, with the reports either across the top or down the left side.

Probably lots of other options as well.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks John. I will try that out.

Not applicable
Author

John,

Is there a way to define the "groups" that auto minimize? I thought it was based on objects being in the same location, but it doesn't seem to be working that way for me. As an example, I have 4 objects that I'm putting into space for 2. I want the 2 objects on the left to auto-minimize between each other and the 2 objects on the right to auto-minimize. This works for the first 2, but when I setup all 4, opening an object on the right also minimizes the one on the left.

Wes

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

So far as I know, you cannot group the charts in that way. Object grouping has been discussed and requested as a feature...

http://qlikviewnotes.blogspot.com/2008/12/design-of-grouped-objects.html

...but who knows when and if it might be implemented.

In the mean time, the best workaround I know of is to use buttons and macros/actions to manage your groups. If desired, you can make the buttons invisible and place them on top of existing controls for the charts to override them. I'd probably just make them visible, though.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

We all may be able to push this along by going into the "Ideas" section in the Customer Portal and voting up "Grouping UI objects".

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

I like it Rob - let's make it happen!

wizardo
Creator III
Creator III

hi all,

i often use the objects IDs to create pseudo_grouping by giving the objects IDs that contain a prefix or suffix

then in my module i have a sub that can be passed this prefix thus working easily on separate groups of objects.

. in very complex layouts i usually generate a table of all objects on the document so i can arrange and the view the groups.

my macros can also use the data in this table for various tasks.

regarding the problems that arise from using buttons to navigate sheets (need to put them on all sheets, in the same place, very hard to maintain)

few months ago i tried solving it by using my above mentioned method together with the MoveToSheet method.

i created a group of objects and buttons, that i wanted to appear at the same spot on every sheet with a common prefix.

the idea was to pass them to a sub that will perform a "MoveToSheet" to the active sheet (which will be the sheet the user is navigating too via buttons)

but it had few problems and it performed differently on QV8.5 and QV9 so i gave it up.

anywayz, just my two cents

Mansyno