Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pujitha
Contributor II
Contributor II

Can we search string using input box

Hello all,

I have some fields suppose field1,field2, field3, field4,... I have created one variable with input box and search button( In button I gave actions for field1) to search filed1 values like value1,value2,.. but it will come only if i have date for those values in field1. What I need is- I want to search similarly for field2 and field3 with these field values separated by comma. So when I give Field 2  values it is reacting according to the search I made for those one field. If I gave field 3 values it is not reacting this field 3 is having strings in data type. If it is string it wont search those strings of data in the input box?  How come I achieve this?? Please help me..

2 Replies
prabir_c
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Pujitha,

You can use Search Object for Searching any field data irrespective of String or Numeric Data.

Create a Search Object- General- Selected Field (Select Field1, Field2 etc)- Default search Mode- Use wildcard search.

Hope it helps!

Pujitha
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes, we can use that by using 'Search Object' but we can search for more than one string. What I need is I have to search for string1,string2,string3... So our requirement is I need to use input box because for other two fields are not string they are numerics(int) I can bale to search for more than 1000 integers(like value1,value2,value3,....value 1000). So because of this reason I used input box with some variable and search button which is really helpful but I want to search same with strings too.When I applied same for the filed 3(string) it is not accepting string1,string 2.. it is giving search result if it is only one string. It is accepting to search for only one string. Do you know any approach to achieve this. Please suggest.