Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can you Toggle between Expressions?

Hi,

I am trying to create a graph that you can toggle between the expressions.

I know it is possible to toggle between dimensions on a graph, and have created this successfully, but I am wondering if if is possible to toggle between expressions, or if it is not possible if anyone has an suggestions on how i should complete this graph. I don NOT want to have two graphs onto of each other and use a button, as all of my expressions are done using variables so I can mininzse the use of Graphs.

For example,

What I want is the sales rep as my x axis dimension, and my sum of sales as my expression.

I then want to add the expression sales % per rep. leaving me with two expressions. This should act as a line on a bar graph.

This is simple to do, The tricky part then is that i want to be able to add in a dimension called level 2 products, and when this comes in the exp[ression Sales % dispears and becomes invisible. Im not sure is this possible, but i was wondering if you can use some sort of calculated conditioning or a possible toggle.

Thanks

Sorcha

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

You can group the expressions like you do for Dimensions

Select the second expression in Expression tab and click Group button, now the expressions are grouped, you can toggle the expressions like this.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The easiest way to do this is to group the expressions. You can then use the group icon to select the expression.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Billy,

I was sent an email saying you replied to my toggle query, yet I can’t seem to see the reply.

I was hoping maybe you could email it to me, or tell me where I can see it? Sorry for the trouble.

I really appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,

Sorcha

Sorcha Collins, Co-Op

Business Applications Team,

sorcha.collins@bsci.com<mailto:sorcha.collins@bsci.com>

P. 353-91-70-1252 C. 353-87-960-2525

Ballybrit Industrial Estate,

Galway, Ireland

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

You can group the expressions like you do for Dimensions

Select the second expression in Expression tab and click Group button, now the expressions are grouped, you can toggle the expressions like this.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much everyone. Youv just saved me tones of time!

Much appricated.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much everyone. Youv just saved me tones of time!

Much appricated.