Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot Open My Own Qlikview Files

I am using the Personal free edition of Qlikview. I opened up a few QVWs created by other people on the message board and now I am getting this message when I try to open my own files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have created so many critical QVWs that I need for work and now I am worried I lost everything.

Thank you,

- dave

Capture.PNG

14 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

If you are doing some sort of POC and planning to implement QV in future, you may contact your nearby Qlik partner and they can help you providing a temporary license. And if you want to contact support it's here: Qlik Support

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I'm sorry this comes too late, but it could have been very useful to read the Personal Edition FAQs before you started using a PE Desktop, especially the part about "What is "Document Recovery" and when should I use it?". Unfortunately there is only one way to recover your entire investment: buy a license.

You can also move to a different PC or a different Windows account and use a single document recovery to regain access to your work. But you will not be able to move back to your previous situation...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

peter - i would have to buy an enterprise license through my company right? last time I checked QV didnt sell to individuals.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

What do you mean by "an enterprise license"? You can order a simple local license (comparable to a Named CAL, only without the server) which allows a single user account to run QlikView Dekstop on a single machine. That's what you were doing before, correct?

You said that you created a lot of ciritical documents for "work" (PE is meant for personal or evaluation use, not for business use) Is it a problem to order a license for your employer?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

looking into ordering the simple local license. I didnt know that was an option. Going to start a conversation with sales to figure out the best way forward. Thanks for your help.