Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cannot connect to re-installed rim node

does anybody know how to recreate a deleted rim node?  I have tried uninstall-install, cycle both servers, cycle all servers, but in the QMC i continue to get the Nodes message "... status unknown, never contacted"

This has been a problem running over six business days and now we are going close to double digit re-installs with no tangible change.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Before I begin, please note that we are running Qlik Sense 3.0.1.

We have solved the problem by opening the QMC and removing all tags and deleting the bad node (make sure you are running the QMC via enhanced permissions), then, from the bad node uninstall and install Qlik Sense and follow the standard node installation and configuration processes.  After the node services are online, return to the QMC and add the rim node to the nodes, apply the system password to the rim node and data should begin flowing between the servers.

The base problem was that the sa_repository account was not created on the rim node because the tags were not there (how could they be without a sync?)  So, once the tags were removed from the central hub, it was able to communicate with the rim node and create the sa_repository account and then begin syncing the sites.

I am intentionally leaving out one set of corrective steps as instructed per the Qlik Support staff.  These instructions are invasive at the lowest root level and if improperly applied can result in a corrupted site.  If you are still having issues getting your rim node online and you have attempted the above solutions, I recommend you contact your Qlik Support as quickly as possible.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

All you need to do is a fresh install of everything including the Central node.

Make sure that you delete the Qlik Folders from all locations after uninstall.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

So even though our dev and user rim nodes can communicate with the central node, we’d have to repeat the install process on all four devices?

Not applicable
Author

That means we would lose all of the published and unpublished apps we have created, or, we would have to copy them out, recreate the data connections, import the apps back and then publish them to the various streams.  I cannot believe that is the easiest solution here.

So let me create a new question: can we add a new rim node to an existing Qlik multi-node environment?  If so, then should we delete our "old" rim node VM instance, create a new VM server, and install Qlik to that server and add it to the Central Node.

How does that sound?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

No you dont need to reinstall all nodes. Only the node which is not working has to be reinstalled, but make sure that the node entry is deleted from the Central node QMC-> node setting.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

I am already a member of the Qlik Community.

Not applicable
Author

We have been repeating that process almost daily since Dec 9, 2016.  I am now of the opinion the VM server we are working with needs to be deleted from the network and a new one created with a different name to ensure we have no lingering residue from previous install attempts because after an install, we have yet to successfully launch the local hub without receiving a "page cannot be displayed" message.

Please keep those thoughts and suggestions coming as they are very much appreciated.

Not applicable
Author

Before I begin, please note that we are running Qlik Sense 3.0.1.

We have solved the problem by opening the QMC and removing all tags and deleting the bad node (make sure you are running the QMC via enhanced permissions), then, from the bad node uninstall and install Qlik Sense and follow the standard node installation and configuration processes.  After the node services are online, return to the QMC and add the rim node to the nodes, apply the system password to the rim node and data should begin flowing between the servers.

The base problem was that the sa_repository account was not created on the rim node because the tags were not there (how could they be without a sync?)  So, once the tags were removed from the central hub, it was able to communicate with the rim node and create the sa_repository account and then begin syncing the sites.

I am intentionally leaving out one set of corrective steps as instructed per the Qlik Support staff.  These instructions are invasive at the lowest root level and if improperly applied can result in a corrupted site.  If you are still having issues getting your rim node online and you have attempted the above solutions, I recommend you contact your Qlik Support as quickly as possible.