Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cannot load images into dashboard

I can't get images into my dashboard.  I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I'm working on QV11.20 SR10. I have the following in my load script:

BUNDLE LOAD * INLINE [

MIPS_Group, Path

PCMHSmall, C:\QlikView\Images\PCMHSmall.png

PCMHMed, C:\QlikView\Images\PCMHMedium.png

];

I've checked spelling But when I go to the image tab in an Edit Expression, I can't see the folder, nor the images.  I try referencing it by name:

='qmem://MIPS_Group/PCMHSmall'

and put the representation to Image, but nothing happens.

What am I missing?  What am I doing wrong?  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I've narrowed it down to a drop field command during the load.  If I put the Bundle load before this one line, the bundle table does  not remain in the QVW.  If I move the bundle load after this particular drop field, everything works fine.  Fieldnames are not at all alike (NPCPracID is not remotely the same as anything in that bundle load.).

If I can't fix the stupid drop field from nuking the table, the least I can do is move my bundle load to the very end of my load script.  But has anyone seen a drop field do strange stuff like this before?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

You have those images in the same path right?

Can you share your document if possible?

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Not applicable
Author

This is in a complex document - I don't want to upload the QVW (but I can, if that's what it takes).  However, I went to try this in a new document, to give you a stripped down version AND IT WORKS FINE.  No problem.  But it won't work in my existing document.

I copied the load command from the my current QVW and pasted it into a new one, copied the text object from the old to the new.  No problems.

Is there any settings in QV that would interfere with how this works?  Obviously it's not my commands, because literally the same commands work in the new QVW.  So some other property in the document must be interfering with "seeing" the loaded images.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Hmm. Thats strange. I am not sure why.

Not applicable
Author

I've narrowed it down to a drop field command during the load.  If I put the Bundle load before this one line, the bundle table does  not remain in the QVW.  If I move the bundle load after this particular drop field, everything works fine.  Fieldnames are not at all alike (NPCPracID is not remotely the same as anything in that bundle load.).

If I can't fix the stupid drop field from nuking the table, the least I can do is move my bundle load to the very end of my load script.  But has anyone seen a drop field do strange stuff like this before?

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

I would keep the Bundle Load at very end of the script. Did you try that way? Did it work?

Not applicable
Author

Sticking it at the end did work.  I'm annoyed I can't figure out why the DROP FIELD broke it, but I can get it to work correctly if I leave the bundle load at the end.  Mystery solved.