Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II

Cannot resize object horizontally

Hi there, I have the most BIZARRE issue... I am unable to resize any objects to the right or left; I can only size them vertically. When I place my cursor on the right-hand edge of an object (e.g. a list box), where I would usually then just drag it larger, my mouse icon still just shows the vertical cursor object. See image below.

The weird thing is that this is the case on any document I created (even years ago on an older PC), but when I open a document someone ELSE created, then it works fine. This made me think it's a user setting somewhere, but I can't find anything of the sort, plus this used to work (not sure when, but I think up until I got a new laptop perhaps).

Example on my document of trying to horizontally resize a list box:

2019-06-25 19_49_01-QlikView x64 - [R__Einstein Reports_Exco_Results_NewBusiness.qvw].png

Example of someone else's document (but using my same laptop and even the same instance of QV open):

2019-06-25 19_52_21-QlikView x64 - [R__Einstein Reports_RFM model.qvw_].png

I've tried this on list boxes, table boxes and text objects, and on multiple different documents, and my findings are consistent - if I created it, I cannot horizontally change the size...

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II
Author

ok, I found the problem. And it's not to do with who created the document, but the fact that I always format things differently than other people.

For some crazy reason, as soon as I add a shadow (in the layout tab of an object), then I cannot resize it anymore:

Without shadow:

2019-06-25 20_03_00-QlikView x64 - [C__Users_gerhardl_Documents_Personal_Financial_22Seven_Old_22Sev.png

Then I add a shadow to the same list box:

2019-06-25 20_04_29-QlikView x64 - [C__Users_gerhardl_Documents_Personal_Financial_22Seven_Old_22Sev.png

Weird bug...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II
Author

ok, I found the problem. And it's not to do with who created the document, but the fact that I always format things differently than other people.

For some crazy reason, as soon as I add a shadow (in the layout tab of an object), then I cannot resize it anymore:

Without shadow:

2019-06-25 20_03_00-QlikView x64 - [C__Users_gerhardl_Documents_Personal_Financial_22Seven_Old_22Sev.png

Then I add a shadow to the same list box:

2019-06-25 20_04_29-QlikView x64 - [C__Users_gerhardl_Documents_Personal_Financial_22Seven_Old_22Sev.png

Weird bug...

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Not sure what version you are running, but I just tested things in November 2018 SR3, and it is working fine there, so the software defect you have encountered has been fixed, if you are not on the latest SR of the major release version you are running, I would suggest updating, as I suspect that may address things for you.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.