Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cannot search Negative number.

Hi,

My dashboard has one table which one of the column display % figure. There is one input box to search the % figure from the table. When the user key-in the % figure in the input box, the table should display according to the input % figure.

Just realized that -ve number search does not work. Positive number are working fine though.

How can I do to be able to search -ve number?

Thanks in advance,

6 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Assuming a value to search like -0.97, try a search string like

or

(-1.97)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Swuehl,

My search value is %. Hence when I key-in (-0.4), it doesn't change to -40% and cannot search. I tried with (-40%),*-40%,*-0.4. Doesn't work.

Any other idea please?

Thank you,

swuehl
MVP
MVP

It does work at my site, so I think I am missing something.

Could you post a small sample QVW containing the field that demonstrates your issue?

SearchNegativePercentage.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can please try using input box for search? Currently you are using same object search. Here is the sample.

Thank you,

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Even a selection - select in field action using the input box variable

=vSearch

as search string works fine for me.

When you do a search for -47%, you are searching in a field, I assume field [Short position%], right?

Does this field show this value at all (I can't see -47% in your table)?

Also make sure that you match the format of your field value, i.e. searching in your field [Short position%], you would need to write

(-92.0%)

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

My issue has been resolved by removing % formatting from both Input box variable and table column.

In my case I do not need to use * or (). I can just search with -37, -40.

Thanks so much for your reply.

Regards!