Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cannot sort a bar chart that displays week

Hi Guys,

This is my first post because I am seriously stuck and need some help! I have a barchart with a date dimension wich can switch between week/month/year. However, whatever I try, I cannot sort the x axis on the selected date range.

The graph shows weeks that span across a year, so selected week 46 from 2015 till week 5 from 2016. How can I sort this such that the graph starts at week 46 2015 and ends at week 5 2016? None of the sort buttons work in sort tab and neither does the sort by expression (they really don't do anything for this graph).

Capture.PNG

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

is Continuous checked in the axis?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi

couple of option

you can select to sort the week field by expression

and assuming the week are connected to dates you can go with

=max(Date) in the expression or if it's connected to year

you can use an expression like this =Year*100+week

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Just create a YearWeek field in your reload script and sort the bar chart with that field

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the quick response! However we already tried these solutions and they didnt work. We even tried loading the week into the load script instead of calculating it.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the response! We tried it and the the bars got reversed on the axis. However we still cannot deleted the empty parts in the middle and every sort option still doesn't work.

Capture2.PNG

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

is Continuous checked in the axis?

Not applicable
Author

wauuuww that was it! Thanks! It appear that if this option is checked than none of the sort functions work, which is, kind of obvious if you think about it.

Thanks!!

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Please close the thread by marking the correct answer