Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cannot use nor uninstall Qlikview

When I try to open qlikview on my desktop, a message window pops up saying the license has expired and to contact qlikview and I'm using an unlicensed (free download) version.  When I try to uninstall through the control panel, it times out and fails to complete.  Do I need to edit the registry? Something else?  Thanks.

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

First, if your license is all right, contact your QlikTech sales rep so he can upgrade or check your license. If you are leasing a license from a QlikView Server, check that the server is running fine and leasing licenses to other users fine, and that the license assigned to your user is not in use by any other client (Plugin or Desktop).

If you want to do a complete uninstall, search the registry for QlikView and QlikTech in keys, and remove all of them (back the registry up before just in case). Then remove the folders (C:\ProgramFiles and C:\ProgramData) and reinstall again.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I installed my QV with a demo key which a got in my QV-Coaching. This demo has now expired and turned into personal edition. So I bought a new full registered licence.

I uninstalled QV, searched the registry for QlikView und QlikTech and deleted all items.

Then I deleted the old lef.txt in the ProgramData Folder.

Then I reinstalled QV and tried to enter my new key, but it wasn't accepted. Looking in the ProgramData folder, QlikView generated a lef.txt with the old demo key. When I replace the old lef.txt with the new one manually QlikView deletes my lef.txt and recreates the old file with the demo key.

Where is this demo key stored? How can I delete it and use my new key?

Does anyone has an idea? I use QV 10.

Thanks