Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Masi_Sahargahi
Contributor III
Contributor III

Categorizing reduced documents to their relevant category

Hi all,

I have a problem with categorizing reduced files: I have a document that makes two files after reduction base on a field (Id_Branch), The problem is :there are too many documents from all branches in a special category (x_brach1,x_branch2,y_branch1,y_branch2..),I wanna publish any document to a category related to its relevant branch.

Is there any solution to do that?

Thanks in advance

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

It's not quite clear how do you need to categorize your data but you might need an additionally field only for this reduction purpose which combined or split of your category needs.

- Marcus

Masi_Sahargahi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Marcus

What I need is that every branch just see its relevant dashboards , in order to reach that I thought that the best way is to publish and categorize each dashboard(after reduction) to its special category(for example categories would be like this: sales_branch1,sales_branch2),do you recommend any other solution?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If i understood you correctly, section access could be the solution if you want your user to have visibility for respective branch/category data through access point. if you are distributing pdf reports then you can reduce data by looking category field.

Kindly elaborate your query if this is not the case.

Regards,

Imran K

Anonymous
Not applicable

Use section access to succeed what you looking at.

marcus_sommer

I have assumed that you are using a publisher and if so then you should use QlikView Security Video Series (5 of 8): Reduce and Loop by NT Username - YouTube. If not so is the suggestion from ink12345 right and you need to use Section Access.

- Marcus

Masi_Sahargahi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Actually I've used section access and every user just have access to view their dashboards .but  I want to make extra dashboard(related to other branches) invisible for any user,is it possible ? does section access do this?