Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Change Calendar Control Display Settings

Hi! I'm trying to change the calendar control's display settings and for the life of me can't find a way.

Basic things would be to show the day headers (as in, what day of the week each column of numbers represent) and also change the first day of the week that's displayed (by default it's Monday, but the users would rather it be Sunday as is standard here in the US).

Just to clarify, I am NOT talking about the way that the WeekDay or any of the other internal functionalities of QV and dates work. All I care about right now is the calendar style of display of the Calendar control, this guy:

calendar.png

See how 1/6/2016, Wednesday, is the 3rd box from the left? Well, in US it's normally the 4th (Saturday & Sunday having a different shade would be awesome as well).

But if anything, at least put some headers!

Am I missing anything in the application that would allow me to customize this? Help please and thank you! ! !

2 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I don't think there are any options to control the calendar object. I find it a pretty unfriendly object and gave up using it long ago. I prefer to use listboxes or input boxes. I think there may be an extension out there as well.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Indeed it's a very unfriendly object. Interestingly enough, the headers/shading for weekends is solved in the "web version" of the control, just not on the "client" version.

I use listboxes as much as possible, but for a "Date As Of" type of functionality, an actual calendar is the friendliest approach for our users, that's why I was hoping there would be something at least usable within QV.