Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramonarcusa36
Contributor III
Contributor III

Change Macro security to allow System Access

Hi guys.

I've been hitting my head against the wall for a few hours and then I've decided to come back here.

Let's see, I've read that the message asking which security level would you like to allow for a document appears just once (the first time you open it). If you want to alter the security level afterwards, you must hit CTRL+SHIFT+M. I can do that, but when I close and reopen the document, security level hasn't been altered, so it looks like I'll be forced to hit CTRL+SHIFT+M every time. If that works this way, it's amazingly annoying.

I hope I'm doing something wrong, because I don't think that could be logical at all. Was that an irreversible decision?

Thank you again!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep forgetting, it is different in Windows 7... 😞
Instead of registry, it is in Settings.ini.  Look for the file in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView.  It may be hidden in file system, just type it manually.  In the file itself, search for section [Settings for QlikView Servers].  In my settings, the next line is:
Module Script System\<server name>=
I think you have here
Module Script Safe\<server name>=
Try to replace "Safe" with "System".  Or simply delete it.  New line will be created after user answers security dialog.

Regards,
Michael

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

It can be changed by deleting Module Checksum Safe in registry, under HKCU\Sodtware\QlikTech\QlikView.  Next time you open application, there will be macro security dialog again, so you can make a different choice.

Another option - go to Settings -> User Preferences -> tab Security, and check the top box "Module".

One more option - change anything in your macro module (add a comment) and next time you open the document, you get macro security dialog.

Regards,

Michael

ramonarcusa36
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Michael.

But... what happens if the user checked the "Set this option for every document from this Qlikview Server" (or something like that, I don't have the english version) option? Will it ask him again if I change anything in my module? I guess it won't, because my users just said "don't bother me again"...

About going to the Security Tab in the User Preferences dialog, I think I can't do that, because that Tab is only available in Qlikview Desktop, not in the IEPlugin. My users just can access to Qlikview through the IEPlugin.

I can't find the "Module Checksum Safe" in any of my workmate installations. Is it called exactly that way? I'm using QVW 10.00 SR4, maybe they have changed the management of security parameters and don't save them in registry anymore...

Anonymous
Not applicable

In this case, the only possibility is through registry on the user machine.  Look under

HKCU\Software\QlikTech\QlikOcx\Settings for Qlikview Servers

(or something like this)

Delete the name of the server there, so next time user will see the dialogue.

ramonarcusa36
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

We don't have those entries in any of our registries. We have this:

HKCU\Software\QlikTech

HKCU\Software\QlikTech\QlikOcx

HKCU\Software\QlikTech\QlikOcx\Toolbar 7

HKCU\Software\QlikTech\QlikOcx\Toolbar 7\State... (a bunch of subfolders)

HKCU\Software\QlikTech\QlikView

HKCU\Software\QlikTech\QlikView\ConnectionsMRU

HKCU\Software\QlikTech\QlikView\LeasedLicenseMRU

HKCU\Software\QlikTech\QlikView\Toolbar 7

HKCU\Software\QlikTech\QlikView\Toolbar 7\State... (a bunch of subfolders)

We have exactly the same folders in our three PCs (we are 3 QV developers), while only two of us have checked (for testing) the  "Set this option for every document from this Qlikview Server" option.

Does that make sense? Where does QV store that info? How can it know that it has to show the prompt to me, but not to my workmate? Do all these registry things work with QV 10.00 or they just applied to previous versions?

Thanks again!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep forgetting, it is different in Windows 7... 😞
Instead of registry, it is in Settings.ini.  Look for the file in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView.  It may be hidden in file system, just type it manually.  In the file itself, search for section [Settings for QlikView Servers].  In my settings, the next line is:
Module Script System\<server name>=
I think you have here
Module Script Safe\<server name>=
Try to replace "Safe" with "System".  Or simply delete it.  New line will be created after user answers security dialog.

Regards,
Michael

ramonarcusa36
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Absolutely perfect, Michael. You solved our problem. I have found that file, and made some tests (checking, unchecking, deleting manually the line in the ini, seeing it again because QV has generated it....). Great!

Thank you very much.

Not applicable

Hi Michael,

I want to get the module security popup window, when i open my file.

So i tried your option, that go to user preferences, security and check the module.

I tried this, but it is not working.