Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
knightwriter
Creator III
Creator III

Change colour of button with cursor hover

Hi all,

Is it possible to change the colour of a button or text box property by hovering the mouse cursor over it? And secondly, to keep that colour of the button / text box when it is selected?

Probably a long shot but thought I'd ask!

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, that's not possible. Cursor hover is not an event that's available to assign actions to. You can change the color of a text box by clicking on it. You can also add a caption to a textbox. A caption has two color settings for active and in-active. You can use those to change the color of the caption when the object is clicked.

MayilVahanan

Hi

No, its not possible.

May be try with document extension for this.. (Like No Green)

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi knightwriter

It is not possible in Qlikview.

knightwriter
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks for the note. I have used the text box properties to action when the caption is clicked but this I have found out this does not work. I thought I would be able to use this when the caption is clicked the user would be brought to the next tab, the colour changes but the tab doesnt.

What expression do I use to make the colour change by clicking the text box? I am getting rid of the caption.

Many thanks.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Use a Set Variable action to change the value of a variable you created for this purpose. You can use the variable in an expression for the background color. Choose the option Calculated for the color and enter an expression like =$(vMyColor). If Set Variable action changes the value of this variable from for example Red() to Blue() then the background color of the text box will change to blue.

knightwriter
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Gysbert,

See my value below. I can get the red to appear but when I click the text box nothing happens. Is the value expression posted below correct?

What should the value be in the Variable Overview dropdown?

Thanks again.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example.

knightwriter
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Really appreciate the example and the walkthrough.

Thank you