Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pradeep92
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Change in Source Path for QMC

Hi ,

I am having tasks runnings for applications in QMC. Now, there is a requirement that the source documents has to be moved to a new folder thereby this will affect the Tasks in QMC.

There is a solution like in each task the source path in all the tasks has to be changed one by one. But is there any way to change all the tasks at once ?

Kindly help,

Pradeep

5 Replies
PabloTrevisan
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,

The source documents for data loading are linked in the creation of LIB when the data connection is created, so I believe you have no choice but to change the paths .. unless I get the wrong understanding

pradeep92
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Pablo,

Thank you but my requirement is actually in Qlikview.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

• Put a copy of your Source Document in the new location.
  • In QMC, go to Source Documents and expand the tree so that both documents and their tasks are visible.
  • Now right-click the first task of your original document and select "Copy" from the menu. Right-click the document copy in the new location and select "Paste..." from the menu. A dialog appears on which you can select which properties should be included in the pasted task. Make your selection and click OK.

Repeat this for all the tasks attached to the original document(s). Then either delete all tasks from the original document or right-click the original document and select "Disable all tasks" if you want to keep them for a while.

In the end if everything checks out just fine, you'ld better remove the original document as to not create any conflicts or confusion.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you don't want to do it the safe way, you could try a technique like this.

Note that you do this entirely at your own risk. Make a backup of the QVPR before proceeding.

• Shutdown the QlikView Distribution Service and the QlikView Management Service
  • On the QlikView server, navigate to C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR\
  • Open a file called SourceDocumentFolderResource.xml in a text editor (not in Internet Explorer which is the default viewer if you double-click an xml file). Notepad++ will do just fine.
  • Search for a <SourceDocumentFolderResource> tag whose attribute FolderType="Source" and whose attribute Path corresponds to the old source folder.
  • Modify that path into the new location.
  • Save the file and close the editor.
  • Restart the QMS and QDS, open the QMC and check whether the QMC understands correctly whazt you were trying to accomplish. If it doesn't, shutdown those same services, restore the QVPR and restart the services. Then try with the fail-safe method from my first post.

Good luck,

Peter

pradeep92
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thank you . Will try this work Peter 🙂