Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Change the slide direction

I created a scatter plot in order to represent the quality of a product related to its price. To do so, I calculated two indicators which values are between -1 and 1. In order to show the best products (low price and best quality), I put two slides on which you could choose an interval between -1 and 1.

But, if the horizontal slide is in the right order (-1 on the left, 1 on the right), it is not the same for the vertical slide (-1 up and 1 down).

Is it possible to put the slide the other way ?

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

it'll be easier if you post a qvw sample

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefaan,

Did you try to sort on Numeric Value?

See attachment.

sort.JPG

Good Luck,

Dennis.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I'm hitting this problem now, but the Sort tab is disabled.

Please see sample.

Regards,

Jonathan

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Sort disabled because you use variable and directly assign min and max values.

In other words - there is nothing to sort.

Consider creating a field with corresponding numeric values in the load script.

Then use this field instead of your variable.

In this case you can use sorting.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi WL,

Thanks for this. I've got something working. I am having to preset the field values behind the sliders by either creating (then deleting) a listbox with always one selected, or by adding a trigger to the sheet to set a field value. I'm also now cluttering up my Current selectons field with up to 8 slider values.

Deciding now whether it's worth dealing with these issues in order to show the negative options of a slider below the positive ones. Might just flip them to horizontal instead.

Regards,

Jonathan

whiteline
Master II
Master II

The horizontal orientation is perfect for time values while vertical for zoom

As for the case itself, I prefer to use the solution with separate field as more common and easily extensible (dual, sorting and so on).