Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Changing colours

Simple question...

How do I change the colours in my bar chart using QV designer?  I want to be able to pick a specific colour, but don't see the option in the properties dialog of my chart to do this?

Cheers

Tom

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Right click > Chart Properties > Colors

Not applicable
Author

ok, got it.

Now how would I go about using colour in other ways?

1.  Use a second expression to colour - so I have sales providing the bar length, but I want to shade based on profit?

2.  Turn my chart to a stacked chart - so I have some other dimension providing the colours within each bar?

TIA

Tom

Not applicable
Author

To get the chart stacked, you need to add your second dimension and then select Stacked under Chart Properties > Style >Subtype. You can adjust the color based on an expression by clicking the plus sign next to your dimension or expression and clicking on Background Color.  I can explain better if you post a sample file.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

To let the color reflect you could play around with the function colormix1() and colormix2() or ARGB() to get the effect you want.

Best regards

Vegar Lie Arntsen

QlikView consultant at egbs consulting ab http://egbs.se

Blog (in Swedish): bi-effekten.se

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dear Tom,

You can do this in 'Background Color' in expression.

In Expression properties you find a '+' symbol in each and every expression just click and expand the list of the particular expression where you want to cange the color. After expanding it you will 'Background color' just write an expression under definition (e.g., if (Total<Total1,RGB(220,3,3),RGB(255,185,0))).

Hope ts helps you.

Regards,

Nandha

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Simply go to colors tab in properties and set it ..