Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Changing datapoint positions

Hi Guys,

I would like to know whether we can change the configuration of datapoints on a chart.

My Scenario:(Pls refer attached)

I have used a line chart,where Im plotting three expressions in one chart.

The first is a benchmark,the second and third expressions are on basis of financial year(i.e 2012-2013,2013-2014).

Now,by default when I plot values ir select the checkbox shoe data points,Qlikview shows data points above the data point.

This option works for me if I have one expression.However,I have two. So the data point values overlap,due to which we cant see the values legibly.My requirement is to try and plot the datapoints in such a way that both the line charts' vales are properly seen.

I tried using a text object for one of the line charts,but since my dimension is a drill down,its the value is not dynamic and the position is static.

Please help as I have a delivery tomorrow morning.

Rochelle

6 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

You can try making the data points visible on condition (may be like if both expressions are generating same values, then display for one expression or so) are  by using - 'Show Value'.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tresesco,

Thanks for your reply,but I tried that.Its quite a mess because of the two lines(expressions).

datapoint.png

Please advise a workaround.

Thanks so much.

Rochelle

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Actually, we are not left with much options pertaining to this issue. You can contemplate on increasing the size of the chart or limit the data points' display. Unfortunately QV is not yet having the intelligent display management for data points to avoid such situation.

Not applicable
Author

Ok Thanks Tresesco,

Ill see what can be done best.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

There is something you can try. I have used this for pop-ups, but it may work for show values as well.

First, uncheck the Values on Data Points option for both expressions.

Now create new expression and uncheck both the Symbol and Line boxes on the Display options section (uncheck Bar as well if it is a combo chart) on the expressions tab and check the Values on Data Points for this new expression. The expression itself is text, and you can do something like:

Expression 3 = 'Col1 = ' & Column(1) & '

'Col2 = ' & Column(2)

(Not the line break is inside the quotes) This is the text that should show on the values now.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your reply,

But when I uncheck the display options :bar,smbol,line . Then I ve implemented the expression as suggested by you.I ve followed the same steps mentioned,but my chart is empty.Or maybe Im not doing it right.
Could you please share a practical example(qvw) where you ve implemented this logic.

That would be very helpful.

Thanks a lot.