Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Changing the Alert message fond in e-mail

Hi All,

i would like the change the font of the message send by the alert function

the default font is using different spacings for different letters but to get a simple list

i need all letters to be equal in spacing like 'Courier new' and 'Lucida Console' or Lucida Sans Typewriter'

Arial

www: 1

iii: 2

eee: 3

imw: 4

QqQ: 4

Courier New:

www: 1

iii: 2

eee: 3

imw: 4

QqQ: 4

i want all numbers to alight the same

i can make this possible in a textbox but not in the alert mail.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I have tried it with changing the font from the document but this didn't work. You could try to change the font from the user-properties but I don't think this would be very practically even when it should work. Whereby I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't customizeable on the qlikview-side and that these dialog simply used the system-fonts from OS and also here would be a change have side-effects (but maybe there are hacks possible like in this posting: Chart Properties Number Dialog Tab Clipped).

Another idea is to write your output in html which could be displayed from most of the mail-clients as formatted content. If you are not very experienced with html you could export a table from you in html and then look at them with a editor like notepad ++ to see how the structure looks like. Nevertheless if you want to try it in this way I wouldn't really start with a table else I would create some "Hello World" stuff to check that the logics with your environment worked.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

I have tried it with changing the font from the document but this didn't work. You could try to change the font from the user-properties but I don't think this would be very practically even when it should work. Whereby I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't customizeable on the qlikview-side and that these dialog simply used the system-fonts from OS and also here would be a change have side-effects (but maybe there are hacks possible like in this posting: Chart Properties Number Dialog Tab Clipped).

Another idea is to write your output in html which could be displayed from most of the mail-clients as formatted content. If you are not very experienced with html you could export a table from you in html and then look at them with a editor like notepad ++ to see how the structure looks like. Nevertheless if you want to try it in this way I wouldn't really start with a table else I would create some "Hello World" stuff to check that the logics with your environment worked.

- Marcus