Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Changing the starting number for Autonumber()?

Hi guys!

I am facing the need to have my data's rather random collection of IDs in a sequencial manner and thought I'd use the autonumber() function. However, I need the sequencial numbering to start from 0. Is it possible to change the starting value of Autonumber()? Or do I need to do a "Autonumber() -1" so to say?

All the best

//Nathalie

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I think AutoNumber() - 1 would be the only option... but what is your concern with AutoNumber() - 1? Also, AutoNumber tends to be slow and I have seen people mentioning that Peek()/Previous() give better performance....

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

I think AutoNumber() - 1 would be the only option... but what is your concern with AutoNumber() - 1? Also, AutoNumber tends to be slow and I have seen people mentioning that Peek()/Previous() give better performance....

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Sunny. 😃
As with many thinks in Qlik I was: 1. concerned about potential pitfalls in doing so and 2. thought that maybe there was a smarter way, i.e. built-in attributes to add to other functions.

Autonumber()-1 did the trick.

Have a great day

Marius_
Contributor III
Contributor III

Autonumber(RowNo(), [Field]) as Rownum cannot be used twice in the load script. It works the first time, but after that. No!