Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Char sort

Hi,

I have a bar chart.
I have defined to different expression on this char in a group.

I need to show the chart ordered :

- by expression in DESCENDING order when the user selects the first expression of the expression's group
- by expression in ASCENDING order when the user selects the second expression of the expression's group

How can I do this ?

Thanks a lot.

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I assume you are talking about a Cyclic Group? If so, this should be doable. Go to Edit Groups on the Expression tab. Then click Edit on your group. Then at the bottom of the Group Settings box, there is a Sort Orders button. Click this and you should be able to define separate sort orders for each item in the group. Make sure you have Override Group Sort Settings unchecked on the Sort tab of the chart.

Not applicable
Author

I think that what you say can work for dimension.

I found the possibility to specify the sort differently for dimension, but what I need is to this for expressions.

I have one dimension and two expressions : each expression must have its own sort rule.

Is that possible ?

Thanks a lot.

Bye

Not applicable
Author

I'm confused. Could you provide an example?

Are you using a Cyclic Group?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I'm not using a Cyclic Group on dimension.

I simply have a bar chart with ONE dimension.
On the expressions tab I create TOW different expressions and "grouped" them with the button "Group" on the bottom.
But on the Sort tab I can express only one sort rule, and what I need is to have one sort rule if the user select the first expression and a different sort rule if the user select the other sort expression.

I haven't Qv on this computer, but I hope you understand me now.

Thanks a lot.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have uploaded an example.
As you can see I have created a bar chart.
Now suppose that I want to order the Sales expression in ascending (like the example) but the Cost expression in descending order.

how can I do this ?
as you can see the dimension is the category, and I don't need to change the sort rule on the dimension but on the expression.

Thanks a lot.