Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laujerry
Creator
Creator

Chart Properties - Forced 0 properties

Hi all

any one know how this option works?

i have a bar chart with all positive values, but the bar just "flows" over the zero level

i need to check the "forced 0" option to let them "sit" on the zero

so what does this phenomenon tell?  any insight can tell from this?

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
avinashelite

Force 0 is to tell Qlikview that your Y axis display should always start from 0 as the first value. If you don't check this option the values will start from the Qlikview internal calculated value , eg if you have 10values to display in a bar chart and all the values from 200 to 1000 than every values is greater than 200 so Qlikview will dynamically assign 200 as the base start point to avoid this we will use this option

View solution in original post

5 Replies
avinashelite

Force 0 is to tell Qlikview that your Y axis display should always start from 0 as the first value. If you don't check this option the values will start from the Qlikview internal calculated value , eg if you have 10values to display in a bar chart and all the values from 200 to 1000 than every values is greater than 200 so Qlikview will dynamically assign 200 as the base start point to avoid this we will use this option

laujerry
Creator
Creator
Author

hi Avinash,

my chart is composed of a month(-year) dimension against a summation of certain value

the flow-over effect only appears when i select certain year and month (e.g. 2015 Jan)

so in my case, does it mean that my value data set contains negative values in the period 2015 Jan?

thanks

Jerry

avinashelite

it would be hard to say without the seeing the file, can you please share the app

laujerry
Creator
Creator
Author

sorry, i cannot share the app to public, thanks

avinashelite

OK np, as per your words . I feel you might not have the data or the aggregation is getting set only for that values.