Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chart Properties Number Dialog Tab Clipped

Qlikview:

I cannot see the entire dialog for formatting numbers in charts and tables as shown in the picture below.  This is quite problematic as I need to format a chart to show GBP instead of USD.

dialog_clipped.png

Please tell me what I should do to correct this problem.  Is there an update to download?

13 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

If you mean you want to see the pattern, just click on any of the four expressions you have on the left, then check Integer or Number or Fixed to and set the pattern that you need.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Miguel,

Thank you for answering.  I did paste a format into Format Pattern textbox as a workaround,  but shouldn't there be some type of guide for creating the format expression.  Plus, the UI is still clipped. Is there a way to submit this as a bug?

Cheers,

Ben

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Ben,

What version of QlikView are you running and what type of chart are you creating?

If you are working with QlikView Server or a licensed Site copy of QlikView, contact your nearest Support so they can assist you on whether this is or not a bug and the steps to fix it, if the former.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Ben / Miguel

I have seen this dialog doing this on several high res screens (full HD monitors and 1680x1050 laptop screens). I saw this with V9 and V10 (and I think with V11 as well). Pretty certain this is a bug, but I never reported it.

Regards

Jonathan

Edit: Confirmed QV11 as well

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

I am running a laptop with high screen resolution; will reduce res and see if the issue is fixed.

adamwilson
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Has this issue been fixed? I am getting the same issue with QlikView 11.20 SR6 and SR7.

jrg
Employee
Employee

Bump on this please.

I have had this on v11, v11.2 and now v12 and my machine STILL clips that number tab off, exactly as per the screenshot.  I really need a resolution of how to prevent this.

marcus_sommer

I think the reason will be within your user-profile. Either on the qlikview-side (maybe some settings within the easter egg have side-effects - you could make a backup from the settings.ini and delete them and if not you could make it reverse) or on the windows-side (qlikview used various windows functions/settings, maybe such as the 1904-date mode in excel (I have no idea if this is isolated in excel or a system-setting) and maybe there is anywhere an error or conflict).

- Marcus

jrg
Employee
Employee

Great thoughts, Marcus, thank you.

I'm willing to try anything and I know without the product source code to hand, it's the only way I can resolve it.

I tried with a different user profile. Indeed, it was back at Personal Edition, too.

To no avail.

What gets me is that it is JUST this dialog box. And if you look carefully at the original screenshot (which is 100% the same as I get), it is not the entire tab. It is just the "Number Format Settings" group area on the right three-quarters of the dialog area. In fact, it is not even that entire group, since the four symbol box controls are unaffected. It is purely the font and UI control scaling for the radio controls on the left (and the % checkbox) along with the format and separators group on the right. They do end up overlapping the other controls which are still exactly where they should be at the scale they should be.

It always looked more like a graphics card driver clash with something to me, but I've seen it on multiple different systems of different brands over the last three years and nobody has ever been able to fix it.

Once you know you can tab between the controls and second guess it, it doesn't prevent you doing things, but I'll be damned if I'm about to create a training video of how to create charts within the product and show that embarassing glitch.