Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chart: displaying values non-related to dimension

Hi folks!

I have a bar chart which displays for each month of the current fiscal year 2012/13, which extends from april to march:

• sum(sales)
  • forecast

My dimension is [unique fiscal month], so it starts with 2012-04, 2012-05, ...

What I wanna do is display sum(sales) of the preceding fiscal year 2011/12 in the same chart, as reference value. My problem is self explanatory: values, that belong to a unique fiscal month of the preceding year, cannot be displayed in the current year.

So my question is: can these values be kinda "moved" from it's unique fiscal month in the last year, to be displayed as comparative value in the actual year?

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use a set analysis  expression to do this. I assume unique fiscal month is a string, so you need some shenanigans to create get the fiscal month of the previous year.

vPrevMonth:  num(left([unique fiscal month],4))-1 & right([unique fiscal month],3)

The set analysis expression would then be

Sum({<[unique fiscal month]={"$(vPrevMonth)"}  > } sales )

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

My problem is not, to sum up the sales of the previous fiscal year, but to display them in the actual year.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I totally don't understand what you mean. So, I'm afraid your problem is not self explanatory. At least not to me.  As far as I know a set analysis expression like I posted above would do what you want. Can you share the qvw you're working on?

Not applicable
Author

I am very sorry that, due to my limited english, I'm not able to explain my problem in a better way. The problem itself really is quite simple.

The actual state is as shown in the following screenshot:

1.png

You see the actual sum of all sales (Umsatz) and the planned sales forecast (Planwert), grouped by the unique fiscal months of the actual fiscal year.

What I want is a 3rd bar, displaying the sales of the corresponding month one year before (let's say 2011-04) as comparative value for 2012-04.

No matter which way I calculate the numbers for 2011-04. Because these sales happened in 2011, the are also displayed in 2011:

2.png

What it finally should look like is:

1.png

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Ok, I think you need a dimension fiscal month that does not contain the year and a dimension fiscal year. Then you can use that dimension to display the previous years sales along with this years. The dimension in your chart would be FiscalMonth, the expressions would be something like:

Planwert: sum(Planwert)

Umsatz selektiertes Jahr: sum(Umsatz)

Umsatz voriges Jahr: sum({<[FiscalYear]={$(=only([FiscalYear])-1)}>} Umsatz)

I've attached a simple example with something like you're asking for (if I understand correctly).