Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chart should be shown based on value selection in list box

hi,

Chart should be shown based on a value selection in list box using (get field selections) if nothing is selected it should show default chart for all values.

Regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
reshmakala
Creator III
Creator III

See this. It does work fine for me.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
reshmakala
Creator III
Creator III

You will have to have multiple charts. One will be default one which can be used when GetSelectedCount(Field)=0. The others can be enabled with the condition GetFieldSelections(field) = 'xyz'

reshmakala
Creator III
Creator III

See attached. The charts are very random and they mean nothing. I just put in some charts to show you how it works.

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

hi,

Thanks Reshma.

I placed both the charts.

Suppose i have A and B values in list box if i select A it should display data in the chart related to A and if if select B it should display data in the chart related to B if i did not select any thing it should display the chart related to both either in single or two charts.

Also is there any option in  list box so end user can select only one value.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hi Reshma,

I clicked on control and selected two values but its not displaying anything.

My requirement is i should be able to select one value in list box and show chart related to that other wise it should show all data.

Regards,

Ram.

reshmakala
Creator III
Creator III

Hello,

The file that I attached has the same thing that you have asked. The chart shows you values according to the selections you make in 'x' dimension. But I have set the chart to be enabled only when the show value is 'y'.

The list box has an option in settings where you can check 'always one selected value'. By this you will be able to chose only one value at a time but you cannot clear the field anytime. There should be some or the other value selected. Let me know if you have questions.

reshmakala
Creator III
Creator III

See this. It does work fine for me.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Reshma,

I placed 3 charts one with all data and used get fieldselection on A and B this worked

however i placed check boxes in list box and even after selecting one value "always one value selected" is grayed out.

Regards,

Ram