Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
terrusie
Contributor II
Contributor II

Chart sum of data packets by last date

Hello.

I am needing help wrapping my brain around how to chart summary data by the last date of the category.

For example:

I would like to chart the sum of [Count] for each category by week, but I want the total only associated with the last week in each category.

CategoryDateCount
A1/1/20201
A

1/2/2020

A2/1/20203
B1/2/20207
B1/19/20204
B2/5/20202
C2/4/20205
C2/7/20203
C3/1/20207
D1/27/20202
D1/29/20204
D1/31/20202

Ideally the output would be:

Week start dateCount Sum
1/6/20200
1/13/20200
1/20/20200
1/27/202014
2/3/202013
2/10/20200
2/17/20200
2/24/202015

By way of explanation:

• The last date entered for Category A is 2/1/2020 and the sum of all Category A counts is 6
  • The last date entered for Category D is 1/31/2020, and the sum of all Category D counts is 8
  • Both of these "last dates" fall in the week whose Monday is 1/27/2020, so I want the chart to display a total of 14 on that week.

Likewise

• The last date entered for Category B is 2/5/2020, corresponding to the week whose Monday is 2/3/2020, so the sum of all Category B counts (13) will be displayed associated with the week of 2/3/2020
  • The last date entered for Category C is 3/1/2020, corresponding to the week whose Monday is 2/24/2020, so the sum of all Category C (15) counts will be displayed associated with the week of 2/24/2020

Charting this simply by week, splits up the categories. I simply want the total sum to be associated with the week in which the category was last logged.

Sincerely,
Terry 

Charting this simply by week, splits up the categories. I simply want the total sum to be associated with the week in which the category was last logged.

Sincerely,
Terry 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kushal_Chawda

Data:
LOAD Category, 
     date(Date) as Date, 
     Count
FROM Source;

AllWeeks:
LOAD WeekStart(Date,0,0) as WeekStart1;

LOAD *,date(MinDate+IterNo()-1) as Date
While MinDate+IterNo()-1<=MaxDate;

load min(Date) as MinDate,
     max(Date) as MaxDate;

LOAD FieldValue('Date',RecNo()) as Date
AutoGenerate FieldValueCount('Date');

Left Join(Data)
LOAD Category,
     date(max(Date)) as MaxDate_Category
Resident Data
Group by Category;

Final:
NoConcatenate
LOAD *,
     WeekStart(MaxDate_Category,0,0) as WeekStart
Resident Data;

DROP Table Data;

Concatenate(Final)
LOAD WeekStart1 as WeekStart
resident AllWeeks
Where not Exists(WeekStart,WeekStart1);

DROP Table AllWeeks;

DROP Fields MaxDate_Category;

Annotation 2020-08-12 235219.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I think the lack of replies is due to your output not being explained well enough, as I have not been able to figure out how you got your numbers there, so if you can expand upon how that output is reached, that may help folks come up with some ideas at that point, but right now, I suspect everyone else is as confused as am I, so really need some further clarification in order to help.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
terrusie
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Brett_Bleess 

Thanks for the feedback.  I hope my edit clears things up. Please let me know if anything remains ambiguous.  I also noticed that I did not account for the fact that Qlikview defaults to Monday as being the starting day of the week with regard to charts.

Sincerely,

Terry

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

@sunny_talwar , @Kushal_Chawda , @Vegar , @Taoufiq_Zarra  I know I left out a bunch of folks, but hoping one of you can have a look at this one now to see if you have any ideas on how to approach things, thanks in advance for the help on this one.

Cheers,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Kushal_Chawda

Data:
LOAD Category, 
     date(Date) as Date, 
     Count
FROM Source;

AllWeeks:
LOAD WeekStart(Date,0,0) as WeekStart1;

LOAD *,date(MinDate+IterNo()-1) as Date
While MinDate+IterNo()-1<=MaxDate;

load min(Date) as MinDate,
     max(Date) as MaxDate;

LOAD FieldValue('Date',RecNo()) as Date
AutoGenerate FieldValueCount('Date');

Left Join(Data)
LOAD Category,
     date(max(Date)) as MaxDate_Category
Resident Data
Group by Category;

Final:
NoConcatenate
LOAD *,
     WeekStart(MaxDate_Category,0,0) as WeekStart
Resident Data;

DROP Table Data;

Concatenate(Final)
LOAD WeekStart1 as WeekStart
resident AllWeeks
Where not Exists(WeekStart,WeekStart1);

DROP Table AllWeeks;

DROP Fields MaxDate_Category;

Annotation 2020-08-12 235219.png

terrusie
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Kush,

Thank you for your reply.  This approach looks like it will work for me.  Apologies in advance, that it may be couple days before I post the results.

Do you, by any chance, know whether this can be done from within a chart expression?  I imagine it would be difficult, if not impossible, because it requires crossing table rows.

Sincerely,

Terry

terrusie
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Kushal_Chawda 

Thank you. This worked.