Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samuel_brierley
Creator
Creator

Chart wont show all data?

HI all,

shouldnt take somebody too long,

on sheet Main I have a chart with an X axis max NOT static. it maxes itself out at 400 for some reason.

on sheet 1 there is the same chart WITH a static max a 1440(known to be the max) but this chart wont let me drill down into it for a better look. I do this by using the mouse to highlight areas. obviously i can highlight the area but the x axis doesnt change obviously because of its static max.

really frustrating,

good luck

P.s im only a personal user so cant open files people sent back to me.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I think that is because you use two dimensions. Because you have so many time values you have a lot of stacked bars. Because of this the labels can't be shown properly. I have no idea what your trying to show in that chart, but perhaps another type of chart will do the job better.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I think that is because you use two dimensions. Because you have so many time values you have a lot of stacked bars. Because of this the labels can't be shown properly. I have no idea what your trying to show in that chart, but perhaps another type of chart will do the job better.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
samuel_brierley
Creator
Creator
Author

Another chart isnt really an option, Ive exhausted everything i can think of to get to this point.

Thanks for having a look anyway.

Not applicable

Try the same thing with different chart or by reducing dimension

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want Drill Down you can achieve that from Legends as well. No matter whether you keep max static or not.

samuel_brierley
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi all,

You may be able to select certain times but that doesnt acheive anything apart from making all other data points disappear. the X axis stays the same so doesnt actually 'zoom in'.

for anyone thats interested ive achieved that by making a static max with a formula of max(Time) then using a seperate timeline to allow me to pan and zoom.,