Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raynac
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Charting an hourly schedule

Hi all,

I am wondering if any of you know if there's a way to chart start and end times in a chart.

My company owner wants to see who was logged in at specified times during the day and who was unavailable.

So I am looking to chart the below (please forgive the hastily drawn lines...Excel is really not my forte and this seemed like the most expedient way to show what I was looking for.)

QlikQuestion.JPG

So this shows Operator 1 logged in from 9:30 to 12:30; Operator 2 logged in from 11 to 2 and then 3 to 6; Operator 3 logged in from 1:15(ish) to 5 or so.

If I have a record with the operator name, start time and end time...can this be done?

Thanks for any guidance!

Rayna

Labels (2)
6 Replies
santho_ak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

If you are looking for Gantt Chart, currently Qliksense Extension is the only option: Gantt Chart Qliksense Extension.

Try the trial version if that is helpful for your need.

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

I created a sample chart and hope this helps to take it forward. Please see the attachment:

Time-Slots.PNG

raynac
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you for replying!  I did a search using the term Gantt (that was a missing piece of the puzzle!) and found it is currently doable in Qlikview after all, apparently.  Or I am hoping it will be once i work on it.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Documents/How-to-create-a-Gantt-chart-using-a-Pivot-table/ta-...

raynac
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you so much for your efforts on my behalf!  I do appreciate it. 

Unfortunately, unlike say, a work schedule in a shop, the logins and logouts can be mere minutes apart and going by the hour won't likely work.  And I was needing something a bit more graphical.

I am now hoping to solve my problem using a Gantt chart per this article:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Documents/How-to-create-a-Gantt-chart-using-a-Pivot-table/ta-...

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I believe you may need to use the IntervalMatch function as  well to get things into buckets, so I would check that, maybe that is the piece you need in order to be able to get things into the chart at that point.  

IntervalMatch Extended version

There is a link on that page to normal function as well, just FYI.

The other thing that may be helpful is:

Recipe for a Gantt Chart

Not sure if the other post was referring to the Design Blog I just gave you or not, apologies if it was.  Hopefully this may help you a bit more.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
raynac
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Brett!  Fancy meeting you here 😉

That Gantt recipe looks like what I am looking for, but I am going to check both links out.  As always, thank you so much for your expert help!