Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Circular Reference, $Sync

Hi Folks,
maybe somebody holds the key for my Problem:
Auftrag: Actual (sum(MengeVK*PreisVK))
Kunde: Target (ZMUmsatz (figure per month)
MasterCalendar to Combine Dates, see .jpg

The Task is to compare Actual of a certain period (Monat) with the Target of a certain Period (ZMZDatum).

This reflects on a specific Kunde AND with a specific Date.

By all means, I am running on a circular reference or a $Sync when working out the red arrow??

Anybody any idea or best practice? Any technique to bring things together?

Thanks in advance,

Wolfgang

(time being I work with two calendars, which means always to select the correct period in both calendars,

Actual and Target)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
michael_maeuser
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi,

the table customer should only be a master data (Stammdaten) table, i think. there should not be any transaction data in it, so i would suggest, to concatenate (depending on your data) the zmdatum and zm umsatz fields to your aufträge and rename zmdatum to

zmdatum as Datum

View solution in original post

7 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Wolfgang,

well, your picture confuses me a bit - as long as fields are differently named, they should not be linked by QV, the contents are irrelevant. You might have to work with the AS option to give alias_names to some fields to avoid that - and it would be a good idea to have one master_calendar where you can select your periods.

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

tobias_klett
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Wolfgang,

it seems to me you have two different types of Datum. One for the Auftrag and the other for the Kunde. So it has probably a different meaning to select Kunden with a ZMZDatum or to select Auftrge with a Datum.

Therefore you need to calendars.

Hope this helps

Tobias

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Tobias,
indeed this is the case. Therefore I work with two calendars. However I am still with a Little hope to combine both in a MasterCalendar.

Thanks your Input!

Wolfgang

michael_maeuser
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi,

the table customer should only be a master data (Stammdaten) table, i think. there should not be any transaction data in it, so i would suggest, to concatenate (depending on your data) the zmdatum and zm umsatz fields to your aufträge and rename zmdatum to

zmdatum as Datum

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi DataNibbler,

as I have to reflect on Kunde and Datum to compare Actual against Target I will always run on $Sync or circular reference when trying to link These entries.

Thanks your Input!

Wolfgang

tobias_klett
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Wolfgang,

I think it is logically not possible. What is the meaning of ZMZDatum?
When you select it you get all the Kunden which have this ZMZDatum an their Aufträge no matter which Datum they are.
On the other hand when you select a Datum you get all the Aufträge no metter wichich Kunde they have or which ZMZDatum the Kunde has.

This is technically different an therefore cannot be united.

Das Eine entspricht einer Auswahl von Kunden und das Andere einer Auswahl von Aufträgen. Das läßt sich genausowenig zusammenbringen wie Auftrags-, Lieferungs- und Rechnungsdatum. Ich habe in solchen Fällen auch schon eine abgehängte Kalendertabelle erzeugt in der die Anwender selektieren können und die Selektionen per Set Analysis in die Formeln übenommen. Oder gar dynamische Listboxen deren Feldnamen mit einer Variablen auf unterschiedliche Kalender geht; z.B. Monat_$(KalenderTyp).

Hope this helps
Tobias

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

this brings me to the rigt track.

Das bringt mich auf die richtige Spur.

My Sandbox works,

Mein Sandkasten arbeitet,

I will bring it into production tomorrow morning.

Ich versuche es in die Produktion zu bringen morgen früh.

Wolfgang