Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Cleaning up the data_model

Hi,

I am just trying to do some cleaning_up in the data_model of my current document, and parallely we are trying to do the same in a document on the middle_tier of our three-tier QV architecture.

I am a bit uncertain here about the order in which QlikView-script executes certain operations: Say I want to successively join tables - from the outside in, so to speak - in a data model. That means I have to actually join the two "outer" tables first and then join the resulting table to the "inner" one. How could I influence the execution_order to achieve that?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Reply
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

There is another issue with my data model: I now have something like the ideal "star schema" - a fact table and two dimension (masterdata) tables connected to it - but there is a second fact table, but it has only one field in common with the first, and I have by now realized that the issue of a keyfield being unique ("Perfect key") or not ("Primary key" or just "key") does have an influence on things.

What can I do to deal with this issue (it does not currently cause any problems, so I'm not sure I even have to address it)?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler