cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crystles
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Clear Button causing option to be selected in List Box | Atl States

I have a very strange even occurring in my document and I can't figure out why or how it is happening.

I have a document, that has 4 different Alternate States. They are split between two tabs, so two sets of two Alt states.

Tab A: Alt State 1 & 2

Tab B: Alt State 3 & 4

I am only mentioning this to make sure it isn't the alt states that are causing the issue.

The real problem is on another tab that is in the Inherited/normal state, and all objects on this tab are in the Inherited state too.

However, there is a list box for the years that, whenever the "Clear" button is selected from the toolbar, it suddenly makes the years list box unable to clear or select more than one year at a time.

What's happening is (though I don't know how or why), is under Properties>General the option "Always One Selected Value"  is being selected AND the value "2015" is being selected when the Clear button is used.... it makes no sense.

I have even tried deleting the list box and recreating it and it STILL does this when the Clear button is selected.

I don't know if this is a bug or could possibly be related my alternate states, but I don't see how, since the State for the List box is set to "Inherited".

Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Can you check, is there any 'Set Clear State' option already set?

Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can you post a small qlikview document that demonstrates this behavior?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Can you check, is there any 'Set Clear State' option already set?

Capture.JPG

crystles
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I don't know what you mean by "Set Clear State" option already set? Do I have to create a "Set Clear State"?

I have tried all of the options under the Clear button, including the "Set Clear State" and "Reset Clear State"

crystles
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

OK, I see what you are talking about now. I did not know that you could set a "Clear State".

So I cleared everything, including the year 2015 and the "Always one selected field" in the year list box and clicked the "Reset Clear State" while nothing was selected and the clear button doesn't cause the issue now.

Thank you for your help!