Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clear Selections

Hi All

I am trying to set a trigger to clear selections

So i have 4 tabs but on each tab there is a different calendar....Long story short i couldn't make a a Master calender because i had linked my Data model a specific way and if i added this calender it caused a loop so i kept individual calenders.

Now when i select a tab i want all selections to clear, so User makes selections....goes to the next tab and as soon as the next tab is selected all clears again....Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance!

7 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe use an OnActivateSheet trigger with an appropriate action?

Or use alternate states?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

...>Alternate States.....Good Idea, didnt think of that

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi Adil.Hussain

The OnActivate Sheet is also a good idea, and for your calendar loops.. have you tried Date link table ?

I think giving one master calendar with an option to pick the type of date is much handy for the end user.

We have 6 different date types in our business ( Shipped date, Delivered date, Created Date, etc.) a User have to select a type of date from the list box before picking a date rage.. this gives them flexibility to change the dimension based on type of date.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ho w would i do this?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Adil.Hussain‌ Happy to show you how if you can send me a sample QVW with type of dates and data model you have.. will be easy for me to provide you best suitable calendar script and table model based on what you already have. Regards,

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

‌Here is an example of using a datalink table and a common date dimension.

http://qlikviewcookbook.com/recipes/download-info/tutorial-using-common-date-dimensions/

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

select the button and give the clear section and go to the action button give the add action clear all