Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clear one field in selection

I have a field of year with 3 possibilities, 2013, 2014, and Plan.  On one of my sheets, Plan as a selection does not make sense.  I was wondering if there was a way using a sheet trigger to only clear Plan if this sheet is activated, but to allow 2013 or 2014 to stay selected if previously selected.  Is this possible?

Thanks,

Justin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Instead try using the 'Select in Field' action, put in the field name (no equal sign) and for search string put in (2014|2013) just like that...no quotes etc

EDIT: You might have to use the Clear Field first to clear all the values in Year and then add the action above

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Is Sheet Properties -> Triggers -> OnActivateSheet -> Add Action -> Selection -> Clear Field what you are looking for?

img.PNG

rubenmarin

Hi Justin, in Sheet properties--> Triggers tab you can set a trigeer when sheet is activated.

you can add an Alter Select action:

Field: Year

Value: =If(Index(Concat(Year), 'Plan'), 'Plan')

This will remove 'Plan' if is selected in Year when the sheet is activated.

Not applicable
Author

You could clear the filter on the field when activating the sheet and also add the action to select the desired values for the field. So two triggers on sheet activation.

To clear the filter you can add the following action:

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Jose and Nathan,

I do not want to clear the entire field if 2013 or 2014 is selected.  I do want it to clear if Plan is selected.  Any suggestions?

Ruben,

I tried to set up a select field trigger with the values you listed, but it cleared all Year values, and not just Plan, any suggestions?

Not applicable
Author

Instead try using the 'Select in Field' action, put in the field name (no equal sign) and for search string put in (2014|2013) just like that...no quotes etc

EDIT: You might have to use the Clear Field first to clear all the values in Year and then add the action above

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Nathan,

Thank you that did the trick and solved the issue.  Just wondering, does Qlikview not allow a direct way to deselect plan in this case?  The solution worked I am just surprised there isn't a clear value option.

Not applicable
Author

Hmm, not that I can think of off the top of my head. Glad it worked though!