Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clearing Selections

When i clear "Current Selections" in my Application when i am in one sheet, focus goes to the first sheet in the App.  Why does focus change and not stay in the current sheet?

Regards.

Chris

17 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

So when you press Clear, you are clearing the selection in "_View" and the show condition becomes false, correct? And then the only sheet without a show condition is being shown.  Maybe you want to have "Always one selected" set on the _View listbox?

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Rob, all sheets have a conditional show.  I am clearing general selections in the application, i.e. any selections.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

So when you clear all selections, you clear the _View field?  Then all your sheet show field conditions are false.  QV does not allow having every sheet hidden -- it has to show something -- so it shows the first sheet

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rob, but the _View field does not appear in "Current Selections"

Regards.

Chris

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

_View does not appear in the current selections because it is a hidden field. Hidden fields do not appear in the Current Selections box. But they are still subject to Clear.

It became a hidden field via one of two script methods:

1. Set HidePrefix = '_';   // Alll fields that begin with this string will be hidden

2. TAG FIELD _View as $hidden;  // adding the $hidden tag will make this field hidden

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rob, i am now enlightened.  What is the solution to this behavior.  I do not see any option for "Always one Selected" in the Multibox being use for menu.

Regards.

Chris

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

"Always one selected" will become an available option on the Presentation tab -- after you select a value.

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rob

Chris