Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Clickable URL in chart or listbox help

Hi -

I've worked with incorporating a URL in a chart column, but am having a hard time getting a clickable URL in the help that can be displayed via an object (chart, listbox, etc) caption.  There isn't the option there to format the box differently, it's just basically the usual formula box.  It seems to me like this is the ideal place to put text and a reference to a URL, but I can't seem to get anything to be clickable once the help box has appeared.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Amy Miller

4 Replies
svenkita
Creator II
Creator II

if you have data with following information

FileName : Name of the File or description of the File

FileURL : Full URL with the name of the file

You could create a STRAIGHT Table

In the Expression use the following syntax

FileName&'<URL>'&FileURL

and change the display type to Link

Attaching a sample ... Hope this helps

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, but that's not the issue.  I specifically want to leverage the Help area in a chart or listbox caption, and have a clickable URL appear in that text.

svenkita
Creator II
Creator II

I have added a graph and a list box... we cannot have a link on the caption area, I have worked out a link using a text box  & have assigned an action to it which overlays the caption area

check if it helps

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, I understand and appreciate the approach and help, but that's not really what I had in mind. I like the hover aspect of the caption help and the ability to include more verbose text without taking the screen space unless it's hovered over.  If it's not possible to link from a portion of that text then I understand, was just looking to see if I was missing a way of doing this.

thanks.