Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Clone Objects

Hi guys,

Im kinda new to qlikview and I seem to have hit a bit of a hiccup.

Is there any way to be able to clone objects where there is a one way link between the original and the clone? I basically want any changes in functions made on the original object to reflect in the clone but I dont want any changes made to the clone to reflect in the original. Im trying to create some sort of governance on cloned objects.

Is there any way one could do that?

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

after you created your clone, go to object properties and chande the ID Object.

Hope it helps

Giampiero

Not applicable
Author

I wont have any control over who clones what objects. The model will be available to a number of users, so I need to set some sort of governance beforehand. Is there any way to automatically change the ID upon cloning, or something along those lines?

MayilVahanan

hi,

Try this,

Make the clone object as detached, so no change in that object.

(or)

Suppose you are using in qv-11. You can use alternate state .setting- Document properties-General-Alternate state. Add alternate state in that. Then set the object properties-general-change the alternate state . So no change in it

Hope it helps.

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the advice Mayil.

The problem that I'm having is that I wont be able to see when objects are cloned. So I want to set a standard on cloning so that when a user clones an object, the restrictions I want it to have will automatically be set. Im running QV10.