Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cognos reports into qlikview

Hi Friends,

I Have Cognos reports how can i generate these reports into qlikview and I ahve Qlikview version 11.can anyone tell me.

Thanks.

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Friends,

I Have Cognos reports how can i generate these reports into qlikview and I have Qlikview version 11 and the version in Cognos is 8.can anyone tell me.

Thanks.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Amelia,

Probably, you have to take help of a third party tool like Star Analytics (which is recently been acquired by IBM and named as CIS).

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Could you please clear me a bit more as I have a URL to connect to Cognos connection and when I click on that URL am able to see the report folders.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

what i meant was for reading data from cognos cube. if you are trying something else(as you mentioned) like fetching data using URL, certainly that tool would not be required. it will depened on how the data is stored at your source data. what do you mean by Report(how is it stored) ?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You cannot import or Cognos reports into Qlikview or convert them. You will have to rebuilt them in Qlikview manually.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

tresesco Hi, is there any open source (free) 3rd party tools that can access cognos cube and migrate the reports to qlikview.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

AFAIK, there is none. But, as I mentioned earlier, the CIS is now an IBM product, and Cognos being from the same owner, you could talk to IBM partner if they can adjust in terms of CIS usage.