Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Satyamlath
Contributor
Contributor

Collapse/Expandable columns in pivot table

Hi folks,

I am totally new to Qlikview and I need some help.

Description: I have a pivot table which has 12 columns. Whenever I click on the expand button I manually need to expand all the 12 columns one by one. Is it possible to expand some set of columns by default?

Requirement: I have 12 columns in the pivot table. When I click on Column1 it should expand all the columns till Column4. I do not want any column to be left unexpanded. And similarly if I click and expand Column5, it should automatically expand till Column12 in a single click.

Options tried: I tried to group the columns and used them as expressions as well. But it did not work 😞

Your help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance :).

Labels (1)
3 Replies
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

May be try this .

1. Expand all the columns.

2. Goto column 5, and collapse all. 

3. Then, goto column 1 and collapse all. 

Save the application. 

Satyamlath
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I tried to collapse column but this is what happens.

It is showing all the column names but we have to click on the expandable + symbol again and again to get the data.

I am showing the steps where I got stuck,

Satyamlath_0-1588835081424.png

After clicking + symbol, it should show the data as well like it is showing the column names.

Satyamlath_1-1588835081425.png

I don’t want to click on + symbol again and again.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Not sure you realized it or not, but you can right-click on the + button and in that pop-up there is an option to Expand All and Collapse All...  Not sure if that is what you need or not, check that out.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.