Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarfaraz_sheikh
Contributor III
Contributor III

Color only desired character in string

Dear All,

I have below string and i want to do the first character in red color and rest of all in blue color.

For example

String   :   'ATotal_Leads_Considered'

I want first character in red color and  rest of all in blue color like below :-

A_Total_Leads_Considered

Can anyone help me with this ..i.e how i can achieve the same ...

Sarfaraz

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

A string where?

If it's just a text box string, create two text boxes, one with a red capital initial character, and another with the remainder of the string. Position them close together to make them appear as a single string.

Labels have no solution for this problem, as any input field forces you to set a font, size and color for the entire text string (or expression result).

sarfaraz_sheikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your reply peter ....However i have one dimension called MTDChannelDescription that contains the values like below

A_Total_Leads_Considerd

B_Insurer_Reject

C_Follow_Up 

like this but i want to color String in diffrent color . is this possible

If yes ..can you keep any example here for my understanding ..

Sarfaraz

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No, not possible with one single dimension value.

You can try creating Calculated Dimensions: one has the left part, another has the right part, like in:

=left(MTDChannelDescription, 2)

=mid(MTDChannelDescription, 3)

If you display them in a straight table and next to each other, you can wipe out the cell border (I imagine), right align & color red the left part, and left align and color blue the right part.

You'll have to experiment a bit to find out whether this suits your needs.

Peter