Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsdhavle
Creator II
Creator II

Column Width can be defined manually?

Hi,

Can we define column width manually and keep it fixed?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There is no way through the UI that you can specify a width for a column.  This is quite an omission in my opinion, hopefully it will be added at some point.  As already mentioned Fit To Data and Equal Column width can help and then there is using your eyes and judgement.  I will sometimes create a text box to use as a size guide and place it up against columns - but not often.

If you absolutely must specify a fixed value for the columns then you will need to use a macro.  You can reference each of the columns in turn in the Document Object Model and specify a width.  This is (again, in my opinion) overkill for simply setting widths of columns.

Hope that helps.

Steve

View solution in original post

5 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Rohit,

Click on the Row Header between the two cells, the width will adjust based on your data, so that width wouldn't change.

Regards,

Jagan.

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

right click the table and you will have options such as

-FIT Column to Data

-Equal Column Width

Hope it help You

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Rohan,

Right click on the table and select

FIT Column to Data option

Regards,

Jagan.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There is no way through the UI that you can specify a width for a column.  This is quite an omission in my opinion, hopefully it will be added at some point.  As already mentioned Fit To Data and Equal Column width can help and then there is using your eyes and judgement.  I will sometimes create a text box to use as a size guide and place it up against columns - but not often.

If you absolutely must specify a fixed value for the columns then you will need to use a macro.  You can reference each of the columns in turn in the Document Object Model and specify a width.  This is (again, in my opinion) overkill for simply setting widths of columns.

Hope that helps.

Steve

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Rohan - thanks for the like on my comment.  If it has answered your question can you please mark the answer correct.  This makes it easier for people when they are searching for solutions.

Thanks!

Steve