Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Column format-separating date gaps, slant labels

I have a pivot table in Qlikview that has columns with daily results by [Completion Date].

1.  Is there a way to format cells in Qlikview, similar to attached Excel example, where there will be a bold line to separate columns where there are gaps in dates (so users could easily define weekend breaks)?

2.  Is there a way to have vertical column labels display at a slant, similar to attached Excel example, instead of straight vertical headings which are harder to read?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

The slant labels won't be possible but as an alternatively you could add further dimensions like week (maybe also month/year) which could separate the dates to a week (and/or month/year) and might you be able to short your date without year and monthnumber to a day-number which then could be displayed horizontally.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

I think you can achieve the same format except the slant label instead you can create vertical label

Not applicable
Author

I do have true vertical labels in my Qlikview app (the Excel version I provided is just an export from Qlikview that I modified with the slant and with the bold lines in between the first few date breaks to show what I want to achieve).

marcus_sommer

The slant labels won't be possible but as an alternatively you could add further dimensions like week (maybe also month/year) which could separate the dates to a week (and/or month/year) and might you be able to short your date without year and monthnumber to a day-number which then could be displayed horizontally.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Those are good suggestions.  I've updated my table in this way, and it is easier to read now.  Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Susan,

We're happy to see you got help with your question. Could you please take a moment to Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful?

Thank you,

Qlik Community Team